Thread: Jediseth Lightsaber build #4

Default Jediseth Lightsaber build #4

Here is my latest build. Thanks for watching and Merry Christmas to you all.

Very nice Seth. These builds are coming along well .....and frequent! Good work dude.

That blade plug is S.I.C.K. !!!!!!! Very nice work there, man I wish I had a lathe! Very awesome.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    That blade plug is S.I.C.K. !!!!!!! Very nice work there, man I wish I had a lathe! Very awesome.

Tom

Thanks again Tom!

Board Lurker

Just watched the video. Gorgeous!
    What did you use for the aluminum core? I can only find 1”, and 7/8” tubing at stores. How do you get a good fit and how do you secure it to the saber body?

Quote Originally Posted by Raktus View Post
    Just watched the video. Gorgeous!
    What did you use for the aluminum core? I can only find 1”, and 7/8” tubing at stores. How do you get a good fit and how do you secure it to the saber body?
    Thank you Raktus! I buy 1 1/4” aluminum tubing from an online metal company and then turn down the diameter on a lathe. I secure it with set screws. In the video I have one screw that I drilled and tapped at the top of the threads. You might be able to see it in the video when I unscrew the body section.

Board Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    Thank you Raktus! I buy 1 1/4” aluminum tubing from an online metal company and then turn down the diameter on a lathe. I secure it with set screws. In the video I have one screw that I drilled and tapped at the top of the threads. You might be able to see it in the video when I unscrew the body section.
    Ah... bummer. I don’t have a lathe. Maybe I can try to sand a 1.25” tube? Yours definitely looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Raktus View Post
    Ah... bummer. I don’t have a lathe. Maybe I can try to sand a 1.25” tube? Yours definitely looks great! Thanks for sharing!
    You can sand it down. Before I got a lathe my first one was sanded down by hand. It did take me over 2 hours however. Good luck, you can do it.

Board Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    You can sand it down. Before I got a lathe my first one was sanded down by hand. It did take me over 2 hours however. Good luck, you can do it.
    Hahah. As always. Time and patience lol.