Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Neopixel Help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    This is one reason to go with the 2813 vs 2812 strips as they have a redundant setup so if one LED is bad it will skip past it.
    Thanks Tim, I guess we're all struggling until y'all carry the "right" ones! I think I bought the "wrong" ones.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

You also need to be sure your battery is sufficient to power the strip. If your battery can't supply the current the LEDs either won't light or color won't be correct. I had a bad solder joint and one strip would only light red and the other wouldn't light at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    You also need to be sure your battery is sufficient to power the strip. If your battery can't supply the current the LEDs either won't light or color won't be correct. I had a bad solder joint and one strip would only light red and the other wouldn't light at all.
    So far both sides are lighting up. Tomorrow I’ll post what’s happening to the red LEDs. Turns on but then reboots and shuts down. While the red is on though, the speakers are making this horrible static sound. Battery life is horrible!!! I only had it on and off for about 20 minutes and it shuts down with that static sound. If I were to enable the FOC feature while the battery is low, it will shut down. I charged it for about an hour and it seems fine. I’m hoping that with a full charge then the red will work.

I bet when you get a reboot, you tripped your battery. Sounds like your battery can't handle what you're throwing at it. Have you tried dimming the settings to reduce draw? Either that or get a better battery.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    I bet when you get a reboot, you tripped your battery. Sounds like your battery can't handle what you're throwing at it. Have you tried dimming the settings to reduce draw? Either that or get a better battery.

Tom
    Im probably going to get a new battery. Which one would you recommend? I’m using a nano bisc v4. I’m using a 2400ma 18650 now.

Any help would be much appreciated.😀

Quote Originally Posted by diabetic8 View Post
    Im probably going to get a new battery. Which one would you recommend? I’m using a nano bisc v4. I’m using a 2400ma 18650 now.

Any help would be much appreciated.��
    TCSS sells a 10A discharge 18650, that's the bare minimum for a pixel setup. The discharge current is more important than the mAH, though runtimes will suffer on a pixel setup vs a tri-cree.
    Hopefully as the pixel blades become more common, TCSS will start carrying 15A discharge 18650s or even the 26650s.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Quite a few people are using the Trustfire 18650 we sell with neopixel just fine and I doubt they have a 10A discharge rate so I think the 10A we offer is more than sufficient.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop