Thread: Neo pixel quillon issues

Default Neo pixel quillon issues

Hi all
    Im building a neopixel blad with quillon side blades on a prizm 5, i have wired the threestring blads as instructed on prizm manual. When i turn on the saber, sound comes on but the lights on the strip acts weired. Few are on most are off and they are all differrnt colors, with not motion respond or Foc. I only hear the sound and the lights come on half missing with most off and differnt colors. Is there anything im not doing. Is there suppost to be any adjustments on the config file? Or overide file?
    Also when i disconnect the side blads and just connect a single 144 double sided blade its works perfect with all its glory.
    What am i doing wrong. Please help.

Best
    Keivan

That's the behaviour that is typically seen if there is a damaged pixel on the strip or bad solder connections on the strip - connector.

On the pair of skinny strips I just purchased, I had a couple bad pixels that needed to be cut out of the strip.

I thought that until I removed the side strips and only connected the main blade and then the very same strip lid up very normal and every single one lid up fully functional. so didn't seem like the led was damaged when it all worked when i connected the main blade only. but as soon as i connect the side blades the wired stuff happens again

Quote Originally Posted by SA22C View Post
    That's the behavior that is typically seen if there is a damaged pixel on the strip or bad solder connections on the strip - connector.

On the pair of skinny strips I just purchased, I had a couple bad pixels that needed to be cut out of the strip.

I haven't tried the quillion wiring yet on Prizm. I was hoping to have done that by now, but life got in the way. I'm actually going to be running Teensy on the Kylo, and I have told the person I'm building for to be prepared to lose delayed ignition in the quillions. I think it will be easier to figure them as part of the blade. Plus, on at least one side blade, if you wire it as Erv said, you would not be able to use the TCSS adapter because you need to feed the signal wire in and out of one of the side emitters to continue on.

Are all of your configurations on the SD as instructions said for quillions?

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Ok so i fixed the light issue guys, there was a short on one of the soldering of the side blades, which i fixed and after that there came another problem where there was very loud cracking noise while the saber was on, so i decided to charge my battery and after charging the battery now when i turn on saber it boots up and turns on just to shut off in few seconds on its own. Im puzzled as to whats the problem now, so now when i turn on the saber it shut it self off in a sec or two, any idea what could be wrong?