Thread: Choke between pommel and main body questions

Default Choke between pommel and main body questions

Hi everyone.

I would like to attach a choke (style 1) between the main body and the pommel to balance out the same choke attached between the main body and the emitter. My questions are: Will any sound be ruined by the speaker being placed in the main body? By using the pommel insert style 6 to use a recharge port, will that also be an issue with sound? Or any other concerns I have missed?

Paedryns Sentinel SaberBuilder_render.jpg

If anyone has used a similar build or has had a bad experience with this design and could share their observations I would be extremely grateful. It seems that someone on the forums has tried almost anything, I just haven't found a thread yet!

Thanks for any help you can give.

You shouldn't have too much trouble with that design. You can drill holes in the choke to allow sound to vent like this: http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...3/100_8259.jpg That will allow sound to also escape from near the emitter or pommel, or both. I've done that in the past on a couple of sabers and it worked very well. My opinion, of course.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    You shouldn't have too much trouble with that design. You can drill holes in the choke to allow sound to vent like this: http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...3/100_8259.jpg That will allow sound to also escape from near the emitter or pommel, or both. I've done that in the past on a couple of sabers and it worked very well. My opinion, of course.
    I second Jay’s opinion, and advice.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you both for the time and response. The extra holes are a simple, yet easily overlooked option! I can't thank you enough.

And your build in the picture is amazing Jay!