Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question about LS Design

Okay, I'll take a look.

Would I be able to add the sound later? I might not be able to get my hands on the sound for a bit, and I just wanted to see if I could get the 'saber working.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

yup. adding the sound later is possible but sort of a pain.
    if you know that you'll be adding the sound later, then just twist and tape your wires until the sound is ready. that's when you'll solder it
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you are going to direct drive your LED right from the battery, a momentary switch from your joystick isn't going to work unless you hold it down constantly to keep the blade lit.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

But would I be able to modify the switch/button to make it so I don't have to hold it down constantly? Maybe by rewiring it?

Ryma Mara

yeah buy a latching switch.

Okay, now with the latching switch, do I or should I keep the wiring from the joystick? I have ket it together with the wiring, so if I need to keep it I will.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

you can, just snip off the momentary switch and replace it with a latching switch
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Okay, I was thinking about this last night, and I've been wondering: Do I really need to use a driver for this, or could I just use the basic LED layout?

It would be a lot easier to do this without the driver, because I could get mostly everything I need at my local electronics/hobby store.

You can certainly use the basic LED layout and forgo the driver. You'll need a latching switch, but if you have a local electronics store, you can get the switch there too. You could always add sound later if you wanted.

First off, welcome to the scene dude!!!

Secondly, my bro wants a tonfa saber & has for a while, it's just a case of putting it together & it surviving the punishment he'd put it through!!!!

Check this from 'Force unleashed' (damn dates being put back til '08!!)
    http://www.cinemablend.com/images/se.../2844/2844.jpg
    There's a chick in a Darth Maul comic that used Tonfa, her name was Sinya or something like that.

Neophyl has used wood in one or two of his designs, PM him & he should reply. Here's some of his work:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...t=703&start=75

I like the idea dude, especially the wooden hilt, look for pics of T'ra Saa or Tyvokka. They both had wooden hilts!!! Just Google it!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?