Thread: Speaker placement

Default Speaker placement

Hi all,
    I hope this post is in the best place to be seen.

I have an amateur question about the 2W 28mm Bass speaker (or even the premium speaker) placement. Specifically, I have the MPS Pommel style 3 v2, which is a fairly long pommel. Does it matter whether the speaker is put right at the opening/end of the pommel or is it "better" to be a little deeper into the hilt (like locked in at the threads, for example)? I guess I'm asking if one way makes the sound better/louder.

Thank you!

Usually, the more space you give the speaker, the better it is. If you are using one of the stores speaker holders, you should be fine.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Usually, the more space you give the speaker, the better it is. If you are using one of the stores speaker holders, you should be fine.
    Thank you, FJK. That helped me decide. I think I'll go with Speaker Mount V5 to lock it in between my pommel & extension.