Thread: Looking for custom blade

Default Looking for custom blade

Afternoon everybody, I am looking for a custom sized blade. I.D. 1.130 O.D. 1.310 length is ok at 40 inches. Would also need a end cap. Can be a thin wall, just for a prop, non dualing.

Thanks

People that are not in the plastic industry working out of a factory, don't make custom polycarbonate tubes (but they can make custom blade tips). This means that you are stuck with whatever internal and external diameters various plastics companies offer. If in the US, that usually mean diameters that are in 1/8"s of an inch (.125") increments, in the UK, that means metric, probably in 2mm increments. Also, it it extremely difficult to get metric polycarbonate tubes in the U.S without ordering in bulk. I hope that helps.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

I can work with that �� any idea on a company that makes blades? I can always put in a lathe and turn down.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesYanco View Post
    I can work with that �� any idea on a company that makes blades? I can always put in a lathe and turn down.
    This forum is linked to a store. As such, it would be bad form (and it's also not allowed) to promote or advertise the competition. Even if it's not the same dimensions as a similar product being offered by The Custom Saber Shop. However for the tube itself, many online plastic vendors sell polycarbonate tubes. Just Google polycarbonate tube and you'll find a few. Also there are other saber forums that are not linked to stores. I'm not sure I can mention them here but if you find them, more info can be given to this same question.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Unless you really want a thicker blade for some reason, it's probably easier to make an adapter. If you got your self some 1.25x1" aluminum you could make a 1" blade work with perhaps a bit of aluminum tape or epoxy to fill the gap if necessary. Alternatively you could 3D print an adapter.

I agree with jbkuma. It would be easier (and cheaper) to build an adapter so that you could use TCSS blade material, instead of trying to source custom tubing.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Hey @JamesYanco ! Welcome to the forum! A quick Google search resulted in a few companies that produce clear acrylic tubing in "(1.375 in x 1.125 in x 6 ft)". The length sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and retailer to retailer, but they're out there! And if you have access to a lathe, you'll have a couple of extra feet to test your methods with before you chuck up your finished length blade.

Out of curiousity, how'd you end up needing those particular dimensions for your blade?

Oh, and incase you weren't aware, I know you said this is for a non-dueling prop, but just to make sure you know, acrylic likes to shatter so don't whack anything with it or swing it too violently, you might crack it accidentally.

Good Luck on your project!

IMG_0198.jpg

Sorry for the delay. Here is a pic. Basically I need a blade to fit over the led holder. Depending on fitment, I may add a pinch screw.