Thread: Hoping someone can double check my wiring

Default Hoping someone can double check my wiring

Hey everyone,

Just ordered the parts for my first saber and can't wait to start building! Just hoping that someone could have a look at my wiring diagram to ensure I've got everything correct. I'm planning to to independent wired LEDs so I can control individual brightness, with recharge port and lit AV switch. For the AV switch I'm planning on running it to the power indicator spot (thanks to Vyper for that idea!)

For the resistors I'm using Royal Blue, Blue, and Green LEDs so it looked like the the 1 ohm/2w (changed after I did the diagram) resistors should do the trick.

I included both my expanded draft version as well as a more compact version to get an idea of layout in the hilt.

Cheers!

IMG_0398.jpgIMG_0399.jpg
    Last edited by C'thao Windar; 12-12-2017 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Switched resistor values

If you only have two colors, you will not need a Power extender.

Double check your wattage for the resistors. Think about using a regular 1/4 watt resistor instead of the dynaohm, for space reasons.

Thanks! I'm still not 100% set on the colours, I'm debating about still going Rb/B/G so I can play around with colours so I figured I would wire it independently so I have the option! The wiring looks alright as is though?

Also, thanks for the resistor advice, the product page for the AV switch suggests the Dynaohm so I was afraid to use anything else, but it's good to know I can use something smaller!

If you're going with 232 LEDDs the same colour then as Whosle said, you don't need the Power Extender, simply run both the LEDs off the same L- pad.
    The following diagram should work for you:
    wiring diag_Lighted_AV.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks! I ended dup deciding to go with Rb/B/G anyways so looks like I've got to keep my tricky wiring!