Thread: Securing chassis in ribbed section

Default Securing chassis in ribbed section

Okay so maybe I'm missing something here. In the chassis videos posted by tcss, the style 1 disk the OD is 1.31 which would allow it to lock in place between a male and female thread of a standard 1.25 ID mhs part. now with the style 2 and 3 the OD's are smaller than the ID of their respective parts.
    My question how does style 3 allow you to lock in place a chassis when the OD of the disk would seem to slide right through the ID of the ribbed section. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm very new to this

Part of securing it would depend on the overall hilt design.

Also I deleted your other post. Please do not duplicate post here on the forums.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Oh I'm sorry about that. I only did that having realized I might get more views under general hilt building. Won't happen again.

The bottom of the hilt will be 5 inch double female connector that slides over the chassis which I intend to secure to the ribbed extension (also where switches will be mounted).
    So the actual diameter of the chassis will be 1.24 inches, but the rods will be placed in the disk hole set with a diameter of 1.14 to fit in ribbed extension. Could that work with the gender changer method shown in the tcss chassis video?

Why don't you post a pic of the saber (use the MHS builder to recreate it), this way it'll be easier to see what you're talking about.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

You use a normal mh locking disk on one end. The threads will lock disks between them just the same in my experience.