Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Custom Saber Rebuild

Default Custom Saber Rebuild

A few pics of my latest project.
    Its a rework of a custom saber I built about 11 years ago when EL wire was a thing, it was a 3/4 back then but I've opened up the emitter to take a 7/8. I've stripped out the electrionics and I'm fitting a simple MR board with a tri cree in green.
    20171123_220836.jpg

Better view of the business end with custom blade plug.
    20171123_220911.jpg

View of pommel with speaker inside.
    The pommel is made from a genuine Tap (fawcett to our american cousins)
    20171123_221036.jpg

All comments welcome.
    Last edited by Father Cool; 11-23-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Pretty sweet dude.

Thanks bud. I'm really liking where its going.

This was it the other day when I dug it out of mothballs.
    20171123_234532.jpg

A fair bit too shiney for my liking. I imagine thats how it was when I first completed my Jedi training and now the way it is above is how it looks after 11 years of protecting the galaxy!

Very nice, I like to pommel insert, it works well.

Thanks, its made from perforated car stereo speaker mesh. I painted it gold of course prior to weathering it in.

Nice. Where did you find that faucet piece at?? I've been looking all over :P I like the classic yet prequel look to the saber =]
    Light or dark. the path doesn't matter. What matters is how you act once you have chosen a path

DV6 Saber Hilt

Thanks. Yes I was always a fan of Obi Wans lightsaber but I wanted more handle to suit my hand and a half kenjutsu fighting style. Pretty pleased with how the proportions panned out.

The fawcett was picked up as a pair from a local second hand market in the town I live. I was just browsing a stall and noticed the two full fawcetts for sale so grabbed them both (we have seperate hot and cold over here more often than not). That was about 11 years ago now though and I don't know where the other one went.
    Last edited by Father Cool; 12-09-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Just a little update. I'm now going to do the elecronics in this with arduino and FXsaberOS. It will run a RrBG tri cree and have a 3D printed plug in chassis with crystal chamber. I wont light the chamber though as I reckon if you pulled out the internals then the saber wouldn't turn on (which it wouldn't as the switches are on the hilt).

I will keep this updated once all of my gear arrives and I've had a chance to play with it.