Thread: Stunt Saber Parts List (1st Build)

Default Stunt Saber Parts List (1st Build)

About a year ago I bought hilt pieces before deciding to add light. Now I would like to add light to my saber using the Module Wiring System. I may eventually upgrade it to better lights, but I don't plan to add sound in the future. Below is a list of pieces I already have and a link to my Wish List with the pieces I think I need to order. There are a couple questions at the end of the post. Thanks in advance for checking this over!

Pieces to Order: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Vi...6-1d8d0fe732ff

Pieces I Have:

• 12mm Anti-Vandal Momentary White Ring Switch
    • 1" Blade Plug
    • Corbin Battle Blade
    • Covertech Clip
    • MPS Pommel Style 4
    • MPS Clip
    • MPS Insert style 4
    • MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 6
    • O-Rings (17)
    • Tap Handle
    • Allen Wrenches

Questions:

• Do I have the right chassis disc? Do I need 2 of them?
    • What size spacers do I need?
    • What gauge wire do I need to order to wire the switch? I found several good tutorials on how to wire the switch, but they did not detail the pieces they used.
    • Anything else I'm missing?

What hilt piece(s) do you have in between the blade holder and pommel? That may help us to help you with your chassis layout if we know what hilt pieces you're using.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Oops, forgot to include the hilt piece on the list of pieces! I have the MHSv1 hilt style 3 (female threads on both ends). I'm not opposed to adding more pieces if I need to extend the hilt to accommodate all the pieces.

You could post a screenshot of the saber if you recreate it in the MHS builder.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Here's a picture of my saber as it currently stands: SaberHilt.jpg

Ok, based on what I am seeing, my commentary would be to skip the buck puck and 7.4v battery and go with a 3.7V battery and a resistor. It will fit better short term, and longer term it will make adding basic sound easier and less costly.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

That will certainly make it cheaper. I probably won't be adding sound to this particular saber, but I'll keep that in mind when building a saber with sound in the future. I updated my wish list and will be purchasing everything soon. Thank you for checking everything!