Thread: NBV4 without Power Xtender

Default NBV4 without Power Xtender

I want to wire the NBV4 with a single colour and another colour for FOC. I understand I don’t need a power xtender for this? The manual only has a diagram that includes the power extender.

Can someone show me the correct wiring for what I want?

Thanks.

Just follow the diagram on p.10, and only hook up the L1 and L2 channels. You can ignore the PEX and the red wire that runs to the L3 pad in the diagram.

You will need to adjust your color profiles since you'll only have 2 channels instead of 3.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I had the same issue with the NBIV manual, but figured it out. NBIV is not difficult to wire with single color and FOC. You have speaker pads, Switch pad, L1, L2, Negative, and Positive.

Just put one of your switch wires in the negative loop to the negative pad and connect your main color to L1, and your FOC to L2. One switch wire goes to switch pad, the other switch wire goes to negative pad. The pads are labeled on the board, but sometimes you need a magnifying lens to see the labels.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Assuming you are wiring 1 die with 2 LEDs and you are using a recharge port, you would want a circuit similar to this:

wiring diag - 2 LED.jpg

I haven't put a resistor value in as I don't know what colours you are using but if you know the specs of your LED's then a little application of Ohms Law should get you in the right direction.

Thank you all much appreciated!