Thread: Inner diameter of hilt body is too small.

Default Inner diameter of hilt body is too small.

I finished my wiring of my CF8, and everything appears to be working. Most difficult and frustrating build ever, I.e. a good learning experience.

However, I misjudged the space the wires would take up, and now it will not fit inside my hilt. I am using a saberforge Dissident hilt which has around a 1.1 ID.

Is it possible to increase the inner diameter of the body tube while leaving the threads alone? Sandpaper, dremel, lathe?

I’ve sent an email to saberforge to see if it isn’t something their workshop could do as well. Just wanted to see if anyone else has been in the same situation.

I ended up ditching my chassis to save space with my CF when I used a small ID tube. Boring out the inside of a hilt would be pretty difficult. Probably easier to start over with a thicker tube and manufacture your own body (or pay to have that done) then to bore out an existing tube, if its even possible (which would depend on how thick it really is).

Quote Originally Posted by minorhero View Post
    I ended up ditching my chassis to save space with my CF when I used a small ID tube. Boring out the inside of a hilt would be pretty difficult. Probably easier to start over with a thicker tube and manufacture your own body (or pay to have that done) then to bore out an existing tube, if its even possible (which would depend on how thick it really is).
    Thanks. I figured this would be the case, but as I’ve never worked a lathe, didn’t know for sure. I decided I’m going without FOC, without a rice port, and without a crystal chamber LED. This freed it up quite a bit. Really wanted to go all out with this build, but gotta be realistic. After I re-wire one of the switch LED positive wires (moving the reisistor for it after the switch section, but before the chassis) I should be good.

Cheers