Thread: Rice port

Default Rice port

So I found the USB to stereo plug adapter in the store, But I did not see the connector that connects the board to this. The manual for the board says where to order parts to make one, But I was hoping to find one pre-made. (edge adapter)

Did I just overlook it in the store or is there not one? And to be clear I know they sell the stereo plug you can solder on, what i am looking for is a slid on clip to the end of the board (edge adapter) with the stereo plug to connect with so its not a permanent connection.

The cable you got is almost certainly just a USB cable. The rice cable is a serial interface. They are not interchangeable.

Everything you need is on the Sound page in the store.

USB to RICE cable
    RICE port style 1
    RICE port style 2

There isn't a pre-made connector available for the Pico Crumble (I'll assume that's the board you have as you mention the Edge connector). You'll have to source the part and make one yourself, or use the standard RICE ports and de-solder the wires when you're configuring the board.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    There isn't a pre-made connector available for the Pico Crumble (I'll assume that's the board you have as you mention the Edge connector). You'll have to source the part and make one yourself, or use the standard RICE ports and de-solder the wires when you're configuring the board.
    Thanks Jay, that's about what I figured. But I was still hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    Everything you need is on the Sound page in the store.

USB to RICE cable
    RICE port style 1
    RICE port style 2
    Thanks rlobrecht, I had found those what i was asking about it this guy here in this picture, I apologize if my post was not clearly stated. Screenshot 2017-11-20 10.07.03.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    The cable you got is almost certainly just a USB cable. The rice cable is a serial interface. They are not interchangeable.
    Thanks for the response. Serial to USB adapters have been around for a good while now, and that is the cable I was referring to that I located on the site, and is linked in the post below yours.

Quote Originally Posted by HardDrive View Post
    I apologize if my post was not clearly stated. Screenshot 2017-11-20 10.07.03.jpg
    You're good. It was my lack of knowledge on the Crumble set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by HardDrive View Post
    Thanks for the response. Serial to USB adapters have been around for a good while now, and that is the cable I was referring to that I located on the site, and is linked in the post below yours.
    OK great There have been a few users here and elsewhere that have recently discovered the iPod Shuffle charging cable which is a USB to TRRS or simply hotwired a usb cable to their RICE port. I'm not sure how they decided to wire it since there is no correlation between USB's 5v/D+/D-/GND and the TX/RX/GND of Serial.