Thread: MR Vader Conversion with NB4--No lights, boot up sound repeats...HELP!

Default MR Vader Conversion with NB4--No lights, boot up sound repeats...HELP!

Hello, Everyone. My name is Lynn and this is my first post, although I've been a member here for a while. I have been trying to build a custom MR Vader saber that worked but had no battery insert, so I figured I would convert it using a NB4 sound card and a tri-cree DR/DR/White FOC. I have wired and installed the electronics using the Plecter Labs manual as well as the Custom Saber Shops YouTube videos. I 3d printed a custom chassis, just finished wiring the board, and pulled the killkey. This is where my issue starts. When the key is pulled, I get the standard boot up tiger growl, and then a high 2-tone beep, followed by a lower 1-tone beep, then a star trek door opening (what it sounds like to me), then the 2 tone beep, 1 tone beep, again followed by the tiger growl, etc. All of this repeats, and I have no light activation. I do have a momentary switch wired, but it seems to do nothing. I've inspected my soldering joints to make sure that I haven't bridged any connections, and everything seems to be independently on it's respective pad on the board and the tri-cree. I've looked through every trouble-shooting page I can find to see if this means somethings faulty, or maybe the battery is low (it is charging now), etc., but I can't find anything close to what I'm experiencing, although I am still combing through the threads here.

FYI, I did wire my tri cree exactly like the video on Youtube, although I did use 2 independent resistors ( 1.2ohm 3w resistor) on each of the DR positives, and I used 1 .47ohm .5w resistor for the FOC. My battery is the Panasonic 3.7V 10A rechargeable battery connected to a 2.1mm Switchcraft recharge port.

Before I tear this down and start over, I'd like to see if anyone here has any suggestions of things I could look at that could possibly be a simple fix. I'm just at a loss right now.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Lynn

It sounds like the button is bridged, making the NBv4 cycle through the fonts over and over again.

If you could take some pics, it would be helpful.

Would that stop the saber from lighting up?

Freakin A, bud. That was it. I tried a different switch and it works perfectly. This is my first saber, so I didn't realize those sounds were the different fonts. Thanks for the information and the help.

Glad I could help.