Thread: Second battery issue this week

Default Second battery issue this week

So I posted a short while ago about my CF8 not running properly. It was suggested it was a power issue. I checked and found that the saber would not charge. All my wiring was fine and I found no solder issues. I installed a new recharge port and the battery still would not charge. I ordered a new battery and a third recharge port. I took my saber apart and re-wired it with this new battery and new charge port and it worked perfectly for one day. Now as I was playing with it the saber died again and my heart dropped. I figured I would at least try to charge it and it simply does not charge. The charger I use is working properly because it still charges my first lightsaber I built last year.

Just now, I disconnected my battery, and wired a FOURTH recharge port I purchased and wired it to the battery to plug in and charge. Nothing.

I have now run into 2 batteries which simply stopped working and will not charge. Both batteries were 7.4V 18650 3400mAh pack by panasonic sold by TCSS. Can anyone tell me what is going on and what I need to do to make this damn thing work properly for more than 24hrs? I'm not really having fun ripping this thing apart over and over again.
    Darjetii, chaabar te genet jetiise, kaysh tion'ad taylir te vorpan kal. Kaysh oya'karir gar jii. Kyr'am cuyir gebbar de.

Apologies everyone. I'm fairly certain I found the issue. My first saber used a 3.7V battery so obviously the charger I bought was rated for that battery. The very last thing I would have thought of. I am not using the proper damn charger. I'm going to leave this post up so other people can learn from my mistake. You can look at a problem from every angle that you can conceive but sometimes its so simple it goes beyond thought.
    Darjetii, chaabar te genet jetiise, kaysh tion'ad taylir te vorpan kal. Kaysh oya'karir gar jii. Kyr'am cuyir gebbar de.

Sometimes it's the simplest things that we overlook. I'm glad you found your issue.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!