Thread: Prizm 5.1 neopixel help.

Default Prizm 5.1 neopixel help.

Hello there!

So I am trying to finish my saber, and I cannot get it to work.

-2x WS2812B neopixel strips
    -1x 18650 battery (Since I am not using a charge port, I am going upgrade to a high drain battery)
    -1x 2w speaker 8 ohm
    -2x SPST Momentary tactile switch
    -1x PRIZM 5.1
    -1x 4.7k resistor (This is going to be changed to a 470 ohm resistor)

-I wired everything up, checked the connections, added my resistor, popped in the battery, then the SD card, pressed the buttons, and nothing happened. I figured it was either the way I wired my switches, or maybe the SD card is not configured correctly. I don't understand why I'm not at least getting sound. I plugged the blade in after to see if it would activate, no dice there as well.

-When configuring the SD do I need to place the overide text folder into the profile folders? Or will it be set for all of the profiles? I was confused on this part while reading the instruction manual, and I couldn't find anything online about how to set this up. Is there a video on how to configure this without the RICE port?

Any ideas would be so appreciated I cannot wait for this to be completed!

Thank you!

I have attached a diagram of my wiring, and a picture of my wiring to the switches.

20171108_120148.jpg20171108_205320.jpg

Pop the battery on your charger for a few seconds. It may still be in shipping mode. They're typically shipped with the PCB tripped intentionally.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I actually pulled it off of the charger to test everything, so it was fully charged. Thank you!

since you used an inline resistor on the data line did you bridge the SMD pad on the board? If not you have no connection From page 34 of the manual:
    For space saving, we have included a 0603 resistor footprint just before the LS pad if
    the user prefers to use a SMD resistor. If an external resistor is used, the pad can be
    bridged and the resistor wired externally

since you used an inline resistor on the data line did you bridge the SMD pad on the board? If not you have no connection From page 34 of the manual:
    For space saving, we have included a 0603 resistor footprint just before the LS pad if
    the user prefers to use a SMD resistor. If an external resistor is used, the pad can be
    bridged and the resistor wired externally
    Yeah I bridged the LS pad. I got that information last night after I posted this, and bridged it.

Thank you!

Update:

I figured out the problem!

The battery holder I am using (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/18...lder-P886.aspx) does not like to accept flat top 18650 batteries.

I solved this issue by building the positive post on the holder with a fair amount of solder.

Here is a picture of it in action!

https://imgur.com/VHXGk8E

So I have a question about the blade now. Is there a way to up the brightness of this? I can still see the LED's through the foam. I have not put it in the blade with the film yet. I was just curious of if there is a way to try to mask the LEDS a little better.

My plan is to put the LED's and the foam into the blade, add the TCSS film, and sand the blade a little bit.

Thoughts on this?

Again thank you to everyone who helped make this work!

I appreciate ya'll!

If you have a 1in thin wall, you could use the TCSS blade diffuser which works great. I personally did not use (or like) the blade film on mine as I felt it darkened too much. I used strip + foam tube + blade diffuser insert + clear blade. I have no corncobbing with really nice diffusion. Just what I did, I’m sure there are other options.

You are just everywhere aren't ya? Lol

I will try both and see what I like. And your right I've seen so many variations on diffusing. I was just curious on what everyone is liking for their Neopixel blades!!

Thank you!!

I’m a tad obsessed with sabers

It's a pretty cool obsession if you ask me!

This is an upgrade to my Graflex! I had electronics in it years ago, and one day it just stopped working. (I had a repurposed MR Anakin soundboard in it which I think was wired wrong.)

So my Graflex has just been sitting on my entertainment center. So I figured it was finally time to finish what I've started!

I am already planning my next one!