Thread: Cram-Fu with memory cards and Speaker Magnets

Default Cram-Fu with memory cards and Speaker Magnets

I dont know why i never thought to ask this before, but will my speaker magnet fry the NB or its memory card if they are too close?

My Chassis design has speaker mount v5,
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...kers-P887.aspx

Followed immediately by a NB/18650 chassis disk.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ac...k-S3-P813.aspx

Im capable of putting a 1/4 inch spacer between the mount and the disk if that helps, and i know that accessing my sd card will be tough after final install, but i hadnt thought to ask if the speaker can be that close to the sd card. I havent seen any threads about it, so i assume its not an issue. At the same time, i dont want to assume incorrectly and ruin something.

I appreciate any insight.
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

I have a saber with the card right next to the speaker, and its a veco bass speaker with a big magnet. I have had no problems with it. Its certainly not ideal, and you should space it as far away as you can. mine was a very tight fit with everything I had to squeeze into the hilt, and I was forced to put them that close in proximity; however, if you have the room to space them out, then do so.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Okay, thank you Tom. I'll find a place to compensate for space and put a longer spacer between those parts. An inch of space is surely safer than a quarter.

On the bright side, I'll have easier access to my sd card.
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

Solid state memory is not affected by magnets, certainly not wimpy little 2w speakers. The V6 holder holds them right next to each other. In many designs the ideal place for both the speaker and the motion sensor (hence soundcard) is as close to the pommel as possible.