Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Second full custom scratch build... went for a twist lock crystal reveal.

Blog Entries

Yep, Brian is one of the ones I thought of when I saw yours . Keep up the nice work.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by Anvil View Post
    Man it was cool whoever did it. If you have any idea let me know so i can look at it again! Oh and i love your neopixel blade parts! Playing around with my first strip blade build.... Now if i could only get the strips themselves to work right! I think i got a ****ty amazon replica or something. cant figure out why i cant get them to work.
    I'm glad you like them! I'm planning on making a "how to" pixel blade video this week (if I have time), from start to finish. (well, my blade tip is already glued in.. but other than that)

I have actually never bought adafruit pixel strips. They aren't actually making their own strips. They are just rebranding strips they buy from elsewhere. They have openly said they can't even verify if their leds are sk8612 or ws2812b. They may have a higher level of QC, and may possibly be testing what they sell, I don't know. I have used pixel strips in sabers, lighting projects, and props that have been been put to hard use in filming. I have never spent more than $20 on a meter of 144 pixels and I have never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    I'm glad you like them! I'm planning on making a "how to" pixel blade video this week (if I have time), from start to finish. (well, my blade tip is already glued in.. but other than that)

I have actually never bought adafruit pixel strips. They aren't actually making their own strips. They are just rebranding strips they buy from elsewhere. They have openly said they can't even verify if their leds are sk8612 or ws2812b. They may have a higher level of QC, and may possibly be testing what they sell, I don't know. I have used pixel strips in sabers, lighting projects, and props that have been been put to hard use in filming. I have never spent more than $20 on a meter of 144 pixels and I have never had a problem.

Good to know. I might shoot you an email with a few questions. Might try to get a link of your source too. I知 gong to see if maybe my 470ohm resistor is causing issues, had someone in the sabersmiths guild fab group tell he he never goes over 330. But I also haven稚 heard if the wattage of the resistor matters either.

Do you mean the resistor for your data line? The recommended range is 220-470, so swapping for a lower one or temporarily bypassing it should be a pretty easy check. An easy cheat here is that 2 470s in parallel will be equivalent to 235. The power rating of the resistor should be effectively irrelevant.

She's all done Prizm v4. Tri-Cree G,G,W, Photon blade.... machined aluminium and bass. Leather wrap and stiching. 3d printed chassis and crystal chamber background.
    8F8O6TF.jpg
    9upnJcQ.jpg
    U6gMNk9.jpg
    fsm7KIU.jpg
    IEWUkST.jpg
    dqaqkYf.jpg
    4fkmOEg.jpg
    LGOTAzN.jpg
    vVwi1Tc.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images