Thread: First graflex build. 2.0

Default First graflex build. 2.0

Havent posted in forever and im waiting for my custom build pics to load up. So i figured id post my graflex 2.0 build i sold earlier this year

CxNtMmr.jpg

ejZXtVu.jpg

1I1CB8b.jpg
    pretty standard lets build a graflex kit... i at least added a little more flair to the goth chassis than i see some with on ebay
    KgrrL11.jpg
    I cast the crystal in resin and added some glow in the dark powder so not only does it make it look extra bright when illuminated...
    qmtEO7M.jpg
    but when you turn it off it still glows like the crystal is "hot" and it slowly cools off

hmeO61f.jpg
    my friend kelly sporting it for her rey costume last year

Nice. I like the glow in the dark powder add to the resin. That is a great idea. I'm using real crystals now, and want to upgrade to handbuilt chassis. I think I'm through with the printed ones, you can be so much more creative and get better sound with your own designs. With that being said; however, I just built 3 of these LBAG with Knight Chassis and Prizm for TLJ release. My extra tidbit was accent LEDs on the boards.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Nice. I like the glow in the dark powder add to the resin. That is a great idea. I'm using real crystals now, and want to upgrade to handbuilt chassis. I think I'm through with the printed ones, you can be so much more creative and get better sound with your own designs. With that being said; however, I just built 3 of these LBAG with Knight Chassis and Prizm for TLJ release. My extra tidbit was accent LEDs on the boards.

Tom
    Ya im trying to source some different powders for different effects, but ya the "cooldown" effect was a nice surprise im happy with. and ya printed chassis is damn sweet. i actually just picked up some printable lost wax filament for casting im super excited to start playing with! It will feel so damn cool to pour molten metal for a chassis. and good call! I def need to jump on some of the kits for TLJ! Really want to snag an LS6, i have a feeling luke is going to bust his out in the new film and wreck some folks. (fingers crossed )

that is a thought too. I'm building an MHS right now, but maybe I have enough time before the movie comes out to build a LS6, OK4, and another Graflex and get in on that buy 3 deal to save a bit.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."