Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Korbanth DM1 - 2016 version

Default Korbanth DM1 - 2016 version

Just got in my new (to me) DM1 hilt from a guy off TRA. Gorgeously pre-weathered to boot Just had a few questions for anyone that's built one of these hilts to make sure I'm clear on it.

Looks like the knobs are meant to be glued until the hex key screws, which hold the Accent LED chassis in place. Thinking of looking for some single piece knobs to use instead of gluing for the ones that wouldn't be made into switches. Want to make sure it's secure as it will be played with be me and my son

I'm assuming for the Blade LED I need to purchase a .875 Heatsink (2) ? Sadly the person I bought from didn't have the original switches, but I'm planning to purchase the DM1 switches from here anyways, as well as the KR Coupler.

Sound, ...I was originally thinking of using a CF8 many to allow for the swing sound effect, but wondering if a pair of NV4 wouldn't give the same effect and still allow for separate blade ignition.

Girot's thread as been a huge help

Anyways I'm rambling. Work's gone wonky and my normal 7-330pm shift became 1030a-10pm last night and 8pm-4am tonight 0_o

So got my first batch of parts in for this build. Decided to go with NBv4s for each separately.

First thing I noticed was the 7/8" blade doesn't seem to fit at all. So going to have to sand a bit it seems.

Depending on how things go tomorrow I'll hopefully get some time to start on this, going to start with using some 1/2 PVC to try to make a chassis of sorts.

So between work tossing me into a couple random 8pm to 4am shift weeks and my catching the black plague, I've just today gotten off my butt to work on this saber.

I'll post pics later but got a chassis solution via 1/2 PVC and the metal switch chassis that came with the hilt.

Using one for the board and speaker and another for the battery with a notch to allow switch and LED wiring to pass.

Pics:

Now I'll just have to figure out how to get the switch installed, drill the switch hole to fit, then drill and tap retaining screws for the LED module and blade.

Hmmm I didn't think to order switch holders for this ..... might need to look into that.

Anyone happen to know the specs for the accent LEDs included with the DM1 kit? Debating running them off the Deep Sleep power indicator pad.

Also anyone know if it's normal for a 7/8 blade to be really tight fitting ? I honestly think I could get away without using a retention screw it fits so tight .....even after sanding lol

So after several hiccups, I've finished the first Dm1. Had an issue with the NBv4 rebooting randomly. Sometimes on a FoC event, sometimes mid swing, sometimes just idle. Turns out the way I had the board seated in the chassis I made had it too far forward and it was being compressed by the battery just enough to cause issues.
    Gotta say, battery being just behind the switch gives it a great balance too.

Still have to glue the switch knob on, glue the allen head knobs and glue the accent LEDs in place.

Then do it all again on the second half lol As frustrated as I got,............God it's a great feeling to figure it out and fire that saber off without issue

Glad you got it figured out! Now replicate the second half, get them together. We want Staff!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Will be soon. Just got my parts for my first Graflex 2.0 and first Prizm 5.1 so kinna. But I've got 2 weeks off Starting the Fri before Christmas so might get both knocked out then

Finally completed the first half 100%. Even made a custom plug

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi,......................................

fbAy3b.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images