Megtooth Sith MHS Saber 2. This one is for a close friend at work, and huge Star Wars fan. Once I get it built and look at it real good, I'll have to come up with a real name for it.

Build List:
Blade Holder 12
Double Female 1.2 inch
Gender Changer (I'm going to lock in the chassis)
Hilt Style 5
Pommel Style 7, but thinking of switching to 8 or 4.
Vented Pommel cap
Chassis Disk 5 (to lock in chassis behind gender changer)
Chassis Disk 3 (2) for crystal chamber
SC Recharge Port
RC Port Chassis disks
Speaker Holder V4
DR/RB/G tri cree
2 Switch 22's (gonna try putting them up high out of the hilt near emitter on double female)
28mm Railmaster
S2R3
5mm common anode RGB LED for crystal chamber
5 mm accent LED's (red, green, amber, blue) for somewhere...it'll look like Christmas.

Plan: Lock chassis w/ crystal chamber into emitter via 1.2 double female/gender changer. Main hilt screws onto gender changer with pommel attached. Whole hilt will slide off. I have the flutes up high towards the emitter, and will probably cut at least 4 of the flutes out as vents to peak at crystal chamber when assembled/allow for more air flow for speaker/cooling. i'll probably do some leather wrap on the bottom, that will be new to me. If I can get that right, maybe next time I'll delve into some etching.

Pics:

Parts:

Raw Saber:

Switch Mess inside, had to do a lot of chopping, but heat sink/double female/gender changer all still thread around my mess:

Switches from the outside up top! Success! I've been thinking about this for months.

Chassis in rough draft on my work bench. I have to cut a lot of custom pieces for my board, and spacers for the disks. Might try to eek some copper pipe between crystal chamber/battery for wire routing. I also have to drill in channel for brass tube through crystal chamber to route my wires from switches/led through the chamber to keep it clean. I'm not going to decorate up this chamber, crystal holders/crystal only in the middle.

If this saber works, I'll expand on these ideas in the future. Will update as the work progresses. I'm finished with my 3 graflexes, and waiting on some final components before I shed them. I'll try to link to them when everything is in. This saber is one I have been conjuring for awhile.

Tom