Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: DCLS-006le

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SFXER001 View Post
    Wow! What a great technique. Yours came out perfectly! Thank you for sharing the idea and video. Really admire your crystal chamber design, as I致e never seen one with some of the elements you致e placed there, like those squared units.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Oh man! That is awesome! I have been looking all over for this type of conduit since I have seen your chambers. I never thought it was this simple. That is incredible. I have a project for the chamber on my Mako. Time to make her better....again.

Its cool what you can find when you look outside of the area you think you need to look. Jewelry techniques and materials are a great reference.

I cant tell you how many hours I spent 2 years ago looking for existing solutions go small od conduit, but I can say with confidence that I could have made dozens upon dozens of my version in the same amount of time.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

The worst is knowing what something IS, but not knowing what it is CALLED! I walk through hardware and craft stores all the time. I'm not looking for something to buy, just shopping for ideas. I started taking photos so I can find it later.

Ha, I've been doing the same thing since I picked up this hobby. I make a daily trip to some store to browse on my way home from work.

Blog Entries

Yeah I still don’t know the technical name of the part I use for my blade plugs but I know where to get them

my conduits were we’re born out of inspiration and necessity. If I hadn’t even seen slothfurnace use conduit I might have not thought to use them. Then when I couldn’t find exactly what I wanted at reasonable cost I made my own solution.

Blog Entries

Nearing the end. Should have light and sound in a day or two.

Awesome watching it come together. I reckon someday I need to tackle a CF install to see what all the hub bub is about. Although, that will be a whole new learning process. I've wired every Plecter board but the CF. Its interesting being able to see your neat saber guts, and inspirational. I made my first "DC Conduit". Don't make it on threaded rod That is the lesson I learned yesterday, but, it came out awesome. I can't believe its that simple.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Blog Entries

Thanks Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Don't make it on threaded rod That is the lesson I learned yesterday...
    And thank you for this gem. I'm still laughing out loud as I type

K&S metals, the same brand as the popular brass and copper tubing also has steel rod. It can be hard to find but some places stock it.

Just to give you credit:

Here she blows. I made this one on a piece of brass rod:

Back to your DCLS thread! I wish I could afford one. I appreciate you sharing this idea though. I dressed up Ryo's chassis a bit where there was some dead space.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Blog Entries

Tom,that looks REALLY good!

just to be clear, the spun wire is not originally mine. The how to was just to show the technique and how I do it

Tom, DC, both of your sabers look great. Really coming together, DC. That wire technique is pretty easy to do and I love the simple asymmetry it lends to the overall look. I don’t like sabers looking like they rolled off an assembly line, if you know what I mean. I gave it a mock up try in my junksaber A-Z thread to use as a greeblie instead of as an actual conduit.