Thread: Filing down the yellow component on the CF8 - GOTH 3D chassis and Saberforge hilt

Default Filing down the yellow component on the CF8 - GOTH 3D chassis and Saberforge hilt

Greetings again. I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that to fit this board into my saber using the chassis I got from GOTH 3D, I have to file down the yellow component on the CF8 board that is next to the battery/recharge port power pads.

Has anyone else had to do this? I've started filing it as was mentioned on GOTH 3D's website (at my own risk) , but I am concerned how much of it I can remove.

I could bore out the inside of the hilt more I suppose, but would need to find someone with a lathe for that (might be able to do this). Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Schwizzle; 10-30-2017 at 06:41 AM.

I found out that it is a capacitor, and I found a cross section for that type of capacitor. After looking at it and hearing back from someone who's done 4 builds of this kind, I should be able to sand the corner down quite a bit.

capacitor cross section.jpg

Blog Entries

I’ve done this in the past after speaking with Chewbacca (Zook here). He confirmed as youve stated, it is ok. “Quite a bit” is up for interpretation. I would say don’t go overboard (equally ambiguous )
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    I’ve done this in the past after speaking with Chewbacca (Zook here). He confirmed as youve stated, it is ok. “Quite a bit” is up for interpretation. I would say don’t go overboard (equally ambiguous )
    Roger that, will be going back and forth with it (sand 3 or 4 passes, try it out, R&R) to make sure I don't take off too much.