Thread: Saber Rebooting Itself Seconds After Activation X-Post

Default Saber Rebooting Itself Seconds After Activation X-Post

X-Post from the general thread area to a more specific Crystal Focus area.

As the title says, my CF8 keeps rebooting in the middle of use, seconds after the blade is activated. I finished it last night and was using it just fine for about an hour, testing the colors and sound font rotation, playing around with spins and stabs and clashes and such. I'm not really sure what is causing it now but the time between startup and reboot is just getting shorter and shorter.

I installed some new sound fonts I had purchased but I made sure not to mess with any config files when I did so. I did update the clash config today because I was getting all my spins and slashes but absolutely no clash effect when I hit something. I changed the clash value from 550 to 350 and that seemed to do it, that is the extent of my config changes tho.

Its important to note that this reboot only happens after turning the blade on. Rotating through the sound font menu causes no issues, neither does leaving power to the board for the accent switch LEDs.

I have a rotating kill key which I use sometimes so I don't lose it by taking it out. I'm wondering if maybe it wasn't rotated tightly and there was power to the board when I removed the SD card. I'm fairly certain that's not the case but would that cause this issue? I've formatted the card since my last post and reloaded it with default configs and fonts but the issue persists.

My board solder points are very clean and I made sure to keep the card out while I was working on it. I never kept the soldering iron on the board for more than a second to complete the joint so I highly doubt I damaged the board itself.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Darjetii, chaabar te genet jetiise, kaysh tion'ad taylir te vorpan kal. Kaysh oya'karir gar jii. Kyr'am cuyir gebbar de.

Sounds like a battery connection issue.

I'd check that first. Battery charge next, assuming the battery is proper for the build.

I have no experience with CF8, just seems like a culprit.

Cheers

that's what I'm thinking now as well. I plugged it in to charge and its reading full from the charger indicator led. I am noticing now that the switch LEDs are no longer staying on. Something isn't communicating so I'll need to get in there. Problem is my cable management is super compact in the chassis. Hoping I don' make anything worse.
    Darjetii, chaabar te genet jetiise, kaysh tion'ad taylir te vorpan kal. Kaysh oya'karir gar jii. Kyr'am cuyir gebbar de.