Thread: Wedding Sabers

Default Wedding Sabers

I just got married and I wanted something special to give my groomsmen, my future wife and I settled on lightsabers. The included are my first through seventh saber builds. All are pretty basic with only lighting but I wanted to keep things simple for my timeline and relative inexperience in saber building.

Here is a shot of all seven. Each saber has our names and the wedding date etched in aurebesh.

IMG_20171015_160120.jpg

This is the "Bridesaber", I only did leather wraps for the wife and I.

IMG_20171015_155834.jpg IMG_20171015_155930.jpg

This is mine, this was the first one I made as proof of concept. I wanted to make sure I could get all of these done in time so I got a feel for the process with one first.

IMG_20171015_155654.jpg IMG_20171015_155747.jpg

For the rest I let everyone pick a color from a list excluding white and the darker blue I used for myself. Most everyone picked blue except for the best man and another groomsman who happen to be my two oldest friends, they chose green.

IMG_20171015_155539.jpg IMG_20171015_155613.jpg

IMG_20171015_154721.jpg IMG_20171015_154852.jpg
    Last edited by mambroz; 10-27-2017 at 08:56 AM.

They look great. I haven't gotten anything that cool as a groomsman gift.

Nice. Is there still plenty of room for anything, especially gripping under the blade holder when you don't use any extensions or chokes? This gives me some ideas :P Also did you just use the stock corbin blade film and if so how many wraps for each? I usually go for double wrap
    Light or dark. the path doesn't matter. What matters is how you act once you have chosen a path

DV6 Saber Hilt

The grip on them isn't bad, if you've got bigger hands they might be a little small without any chokes. I was limited to the size I could fit into the wine boxes. Yeah I picked up some of the pre-made corbin "battle" blades with double wrap for these. I'm curious about the quad wrap, might do that for my next project. I might just get the materials and make my own at some point too to try out a different number of wraps to see what I like or if a certain number of wraps works better with some colors and not others.

Definitely something I've never gotten as a groomsman. I like the idea, though
    "But you are mistaken. I am no Jedi"