Thread: MPP 2.0 Hilt Kit

Default MPP 2.0 Hilt Kit

This is my first build and I am kind of lost. Can anyone provide more information about the MPP 2.0 Hilt Kit? What LED setup would I get? Is it MHSV1 or MHSV2? I have looked and cannot find any information on what I would need to buy for this hilt kit. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

The MPP is not a MHS kit, it is made by Korbanth/Sith Planet. It has a 7/8 inch blade socket, so you need a .875 LED Module and Heat sink for it. You can use a standard tri cree led, but the edges need to be sanded down so that it fits inside the .875 module, or you can buy a "modified base" LED from TCSS, which is already modified to fit in the .875 module. Use a standard tricree lens. The rest is up to your imagination.

You will need to find something to carry your board/speaker/battery. Shameem has done a few with the Speaker Holder V6, you will need that and an 18650 holder if you decide to go that route, and a 18650 battery (not wired). What board are you planning on using? The MPP comes with one switch in the thumb release, so if you use NBIV, that is the only switch you need to wire. Any other switches will complicate matters.

TOm

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Blog Entries

Korbanth doesn’t make them. He is reseller same as TCSS and Vader’s Vault.

Theres also this option for chassis solution http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MP...ack-P1280.aspx
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

assembling a heat sink module with: LED, Heat Sink, and Module. Here is what it looks like, and it fits into the hilt as one piece, and is generally held in with a retention screw.

That video doesn't show setting the lens on the heat sink with heat transfer tape, but the one in next post does.

Tom

This one shows applying the tape to heat sink. I've tried to link the videos at the proper time stamp. We'll see how they turn out.

Tom