Thread: NBv4 New Build - First Time

Default NBv4 New Build - First Time

Hello all,

Apologies ahead of time, I tried searching for this, but I couldn't find anything specific to my issue.

So I just finished up an install on my very first build. I wired everything up and soldered my switch in place and thought I was good to go. I turned the kill key and I got the NB boot sound (I was super excited!), but then I pushed the switch button and got nothing. No sound, no LED's nothing. I'm at a loss, I took my time and made sure my solder joints on my soundboard were solid and I know that the battery works as it holds a charge and it provides power to the board, so I'm thinking I either have my switch wires in the wrong place, or I got a bad switch?

Any help would be great! Thank you!

Do you have a multimeter to check your connections with?

Set it to measure resistance, put one probe on the '-' pad and the other on the 'Act' pad then push the switch. The multimeter should register '0.00' resistance if the switch is wired properly and working.
    Otherwise, check your solders for bridges and any wire joins

If not, you can try (carefully!) manually bridging the ACT and - pads with a bit of wire

Ok thanks!!! I will give that a shot now.

Ok so when I touch the multimeter to the Act and '-' pads, without even depressing the switch, the saber turns on. So I'm guessing it's my soldering that is the issue?

If it's coming on when you bridge the connection with your multimeter then it looks like most of your connections are fine and the problem is either the wring to the switch or the switch itself..
    Mr recommendation is to chuck the Kill switch back in and test the poles ont he switch itself in the manner described above (put a probe on each pin on the switch and push the button to see if the resistance goes to 0)