Thread: Crystal Focus 8 w/hack, RGB LED/RGB crystal diagram

Default Crystal Focus 8 w/hack, RGB LED/RGB crystal diagram

I am 98% sure my wiring on this diagram is correct. Would someone please check it and let me know if I ran amiss anywhere? Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

And sorry for the messy line drawings. Anybody know of a good diagram program? lol

Bump! Going to start work on it later today. If anyone has time to check out my diagram, it would be a big help! No worries if not.

It looks ok.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    It looks ok.
    Roger, thanks FJK. Now I just gotta do the hack. Erv makes it look easy. Might have to crack open some old piece of electronics and practice on it first.

Got the board hacked successfully (ran the board with just power and sound, was able to boot/activate)!

Now, I’ve started looking over pages 40 and 41 again in the manual, and it has me questioning my resistor values for the green and blue LED’s. On page 40, it says that the PEX’s provide 3.3 volts and 1.5 amps of power each. If that is the case, the green and the blue have 3.7 Vf and 3.4 Vf respectively, and also need to be ran at 1000ma. I did my resistor calculations based on 3.7. Volts/1000ma for each pad.

If the amount of voltage being supplied really is only 3.3 volts per pad, how would I calculate resistors at that point? Also the current is more than what is needed, but the voltage is less than what is needed, so not sure what is going on there....I think I’m confusing myself. The current of the pad doesn’t really matter as long as you base your calculations on the Vf being supplied and the current that the diode needs, correct? Technically, I’m not getting enough voltage at that point, so the LED won’t be as bright also?

Thanks for any input. I think I almost have it, just need a little more help clearing the air for this part.
    Last edited by Schwizzle; 10-28-2017 at 02:58 PM.

I heard back from Erv and he said that you calculate resistance using the Vf of the battery when doing Pseudo-Color Mixing. Thanks Erv!