Thread: Scraptech Build

Quote Originally Posted by Anoril View Post
    Wow!
    Incredible!
    Beautiful work!!!
    Thanks! Still a long way to go.

Externals pretty much done!

Waiting on CF 9 for the sound...

While I wait, I will be turning my attention to the crystal chamber and chassis.

Mulling modifying this Kobold for the D-ring. I will at least take off some of the harsh edges. I may cut it down a bit as well.

Went to work on the WannaWanga Kobold D-ring...

After rounding off the corners on the far end from the ring (to prevent your hand getting caught on them), I doused the whole thing in Aluminum Black:

It took the AB way better than I expected!

I hit it with a little matte clear to set everything. I may buff out some wear and highlights on the corners or edges, but we will see. So far it made a world of difference for fitting in on this build and is not as boring as a plain ANH style D-ring or a covertech.

Agh this is so good. The best part is...well all of it...but also it's inspiring. It makes me want to go the extra mile and make my saber exactly what I want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Squimboos View Post
    Agh this is so good. The best part is...well all of it...but also it's inspiring. It makes me want to go the extra mile and make my saber exactly what I want it to be.
    Thank you. The beauty of the MHS setup is you can work towards exactly what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Squimboos View Post
    In this hobby it always pays off to make it JUST the way you want. Good luck!
    So certain are you; always with you it cannot be done.
    Hear you nothing that I say?

http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc...deTutorial.pdf
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...Hardware-Saber
    ---------------------

Installed the d-ring... with a twist!

First thing was to mark the spot and drill and tap tap (M3) the holes. This was done through the threads of the extension and pommel, but it does not matter since they are not coming apart again anyway.

Next... I had an old clamp card laying around that I had previously inadvertently damaged. So I cut is down and inserted it to cover the screws.

Externals now officially done!

Still a lot of work to do on the inside...

With the outside done, time to really turn attention to the guts. I have a MHS based chamber that I will be detailing a bit more. Then I really need to weigh my chassis options. I REALLY want a full metal chassis reveal...

OK, well you know how you might go back and change a small thing here and there... well I did that.

I got some ANH sized d-rings in from WannaWanga and decided it was a better size for this build, so I went to swappin'!

comparison shot: