Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Scraptech Build

Default Scraptech Build

I'm a little behind on starting this build thread, but here we go...

As soon as I saw the first few "Scraptech" sabers (mesh of TFU 1&2), I knew I wanted to build one. There are some challenges with this build, especially with the switching. The switches have to be in the emitter. So, after consulting with Tim, we came up with this:

Key things here are:
    - A full shine through glass eye (tapped to screw in a vintage style)
    - Extremely low profile switches
    - Ability to directly mount the crystal chamber to the blade holder
    Last edited by Darth Nurse; 10-25-2017 at 07:40 AM.

Here are the two defining components for a Scraptech build: the custom Graflex-style blade holder and a Solo's Hold TFU 2 MHS pommel.

In the background you can see the MHS based chamber and the D.C. sabers blade plug.

More pics of the custom blade holder:

Starting to fit the lambskin wrap. I cut this from a full hide. 1.5 oz and super soft. Lambskin is DEFINITELY the way to go for wraps!

Scraptechs have heavy weathering, so starting on the pommel. HEAVY coat of Aluminum Black, then sanded back down a bit, then clear coated.

Here is is with the lambskin wrap, we will discuss more about the treatment of the lamb skin later...

Now, weathering the emitter. I am about to do some pretty gnarly stuff to this beautiful work of metal art...

First, a little battle damage...

Next some HEAVY Aluminum Black...

This went in stages to get a nice layering.

Weathering the red button and glass eye was done with sanding and an acrylic wash.

Installed the brass pins. I had to chase the threads with the appropriate tap.

Last edited by Darth Nurse; 10-25-2017 at 07:43 AM.

Size comparison to a Solo's Hold Padawan. The Scraptech has a 7" extension under the wrap.

Last edited by Darth Nurse; 10-25-2017 at 07:44 AM.

Here is a peek at how the switching will work. Tim made some very awesome super low profile switch plungers for the micro tactiles.

Last edited by Darth Nurse; 10-24-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Whenever someone posts "custom MHS" with Tim's help, you know it's going to be good. I love the switch placement on this blade holder. Did you design it yourself and then ask Tim to execute the plan? It's impressive.
    So certain are you; always with you it cannot be done.
    Hear you nothing that I say?

http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc...deTutorial.pdf
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...Hardware-Saber
    ---------------------

This is just fantastic.