Thread: Battery Holder 2 x 14500 VS. Recharge Port

Default Battery Holder 2 x 14500 VS. Recharge Port

Hey Gang! I was just looking through the speaker holder/battery holder options and saw that part #spkr2aa - says - "MWS compatible if used with 2x 14500 li-ion PCB protected cells (not for use with a recharge port setup)"

I thought I read somewhere that a battery holder and a recharge port offered you the best of both worlds (i.e. on the fly battery swaps at conventions, and disassembly-free charging)?

So, why couldn't you use a recharge port?

Or is it simply that the #spkr2aa...

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...lder-P766.aspx

... is set up for plug and play wiring using the MHS Wiring System / JST Connectors and those would need to be cut off and soldered in place on the correct areas of the soundboard/power port?

I was hoping to rig up a 2 x 14500 battery holder in my lightsaber that has a 9V style connector + wire leads so that I could just quick swap the whole battery holder and keep "paired" batteries together.

Your thoughts and suggestions or warnings about setting up my batteries this way would be greatly appreciated!

I think a single battery holder + recharge port is the ultimate in flexibility.

I don't think the charger is able to adequately and safely charge two batteries when in a holder this way. A 7.4V battery pack is not the same thing as two 3.7V batteries in series in a battery holder.

Mixing those two is NOT a good idea as I recall.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks for the replies Guys! I might still include the recharge port to use a kill key to protect the board and just not use it to charge the batteries. That or I'll hide a small ON/OFF switch in the activation box somehow.