Thread: Speaker Placement with Recharge port in pommel.

Default Speaker Placement with Recharge port in pommel.

Hello again everyone.

Im in the middle of a build and im second guessing myself. Im wanting to use the mps disk 6 with a recharge port in it, ~and~ a speaker mount v5 held by my pommel. I have a pommel style 8 so the pins on the port arent too close to the speaker, but my question is about my wires:

Is it foolish to cut out a little of the speaker mount to run wires through?

I originally figured about a quarter to an eighth of an inch out of the speaker mount ~shouldnt~ hurt, and it would just be at the lip of the mount to get past the speaker. But before i make the cut i thought id check and see if anyone else has tried this, and if so, how did it work out?

I appreciate any corrections or comments.

Thanks guys!
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

I've done it a couple of times. I used a mill to make a slot that did not go all the way into the speaker mount cavity. I used high temp hot glue to glue the wires to the speaker mount.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Used the exact set up on my last saber. Took a file and slowly notched the speaker mount just enough for the wires, make sure you leave enough slack to work with in case you need to remove the pommel later. 2-3 in was how much I left. You can take a little out, test fit, and take more, test fit again, etc.

I did this as well.... used a hand file.

I used a dremel. Very imprecisely. On two different occasions. Both sabers work just fine. It actually takes a little more than you probably think to cut through to the speaker.

I was thinking of doing much the same thing - my plan is to use MPS Pommel 08 (when it's back in stock) and MPS Insert 13 to have a recharge port and a RICE port at the pommel.

Do/would certain speaker mounts work better (or worse) in this set-up than others?
    Which speaker mounts do you recommend (or recommend against) for this arrangement?

For that type of set up, I've usually stuck to the speaker mounts 2, 3 , and 5. The locking "lip" on those styles makes it easier to cut channels for the recharge port wires.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.