Thread: Best saber soundboard for first time sound build

Default Best saber soundboard for first time sound build

I'm starting my first loaded saber build and trying to figure out which soundboard to get. I've been looking at the CF and the NB from the tcss. Also I have been looking at the spark color 2. I'm not a total noob to soldering but not an expert. I would like to do a lighted crystal chamber and FoC. The main question is which board would be best for general soldering skills. Thank you for your time.

Depends on what features you want. I find all the Plecter boards to be similar in terms of install. You can't go wrong with any of them.

You said you have some soldering skills, so this may not be of interest, but the MSW NB has the benefit of a header soldered the board at the store.

Thank you for your comments. I like the ease of the pre wired NB and I have considered it. I see that it has a pad for a power indicator LED but I didn't see a way to set up a crystal chamber. Maybe it's the lack of experience.

NB’s are good for “beginners”.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

When I started my saber building, I began with a pre-wired nano biscotte and honed my soldering skills by putting together everything else in the saber (switch, LED’s, recharge port, etc). I had never soldered before that, but by the time I got to my second build, I wired the NB board myself. That build also had a crystal chamber setup, so it can be done.

You can certainly wire a crystal chamber to the NBIV. You can either illuminate it with DS accent pads so its always on (or use a flashing led), or you can wire it parallel with the main blade.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Blog Entries

NB all the way. Super easy and a great board. CC is extremely easy to wire up too. If you have soldering experience it shouldn’t be a problem. Good luck.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––