Thread: Packing foam for heavy wall 1" blade

Default Packing foam for heavy wall 1" blade

Where is everyone getting their packing foam for neopixel blades?

I see its sold on JQ sabers, but being out of the country, crazy fees added on to ship.

Where can I get locally?

Also does anyone know the diameter I need for 1" thick walled blade?

Thanks,
    Mike

I used a salvaged Hasbro closed cell tube. I got some 1/16 packing foam from Amazon. The closed cell is much better IMO because there is no seam. I believe TCSS will sell the closed cell eventually ( and soon I hope )

i thought i saw a post a few weeks ago about some of that being available at the store soon. Maybe ping Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Avidgrant View Post
    i thought i saw a post a few weeks ago about some of that being available at the store soon. Maybe ping Tim.
    When it is available for sale, I’m sure it will be listed in the store.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Me too, I just meant for clarification and possible eta.

Quote Originally Posted by Avidgrant View Post
    Me too, I just meant for clarification and possible eta.
    Soon-ish™
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Meatsweats View Post
    I used a salvaged Hasbro closed cell tube. I got some 1/16 packing foam from Amazon. The closed cell is much better IMO because there is no seam. I believe TCSS will sell the closed cell eventually ( and soon I hope )
    Regarding closed cell foam..What thickness should be look for? Most of what I find is 1/4" thick..Also since it comes in a roll isn't there still a seam where you seal it? Please correct me if I am mistaken

If you are talking about packing foam, the material should be very thin and translucent. You can find it in moving or mailing sections at various outlets. The TCSS foam tube does have the benefit of being very easy to install.