Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adding sound fonts 4-6 on Prizm V4

Default Adding sound fonts 4-6 on Prizm V4

I was wondering if anyone discovered a resolution to adding three more sound fonts to prism v4. I would like to retain the three it comes with (light, dark, and grey meat) and add three more. I cannot seem to find instructions on how to do this. The manual does not cover ADDING fonts, only changing them. Video tutorials are not answering this question either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my second build, but first with Prizm v4. Thanks again.

Blog Entries

Welcome aboard

-Backup the SD card contents to a folder on your PC and name that folder Backup
    -Duplicate that backup folder and name it what you'd like (ex: tpollard saber)
    -Do a full erase and reformat of the card per the manual.
    -Rename (bank4, bank5, bank6) and add the additional sound bank folders to the duplicated backup folder you created
    -Copy ALL contents of the duplicated backup folder to the newly reformatted SD card.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Thank you for your response. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am actually not working with a PC Im working with a MacBook pro running a current OS. The instructions seem as though they would translate over, but I have not seen any options to format. Im sure the error lies in the operator. Is there a way to accomplish the same tasks with a mac, or do I need to borrow a PC? Thanks.

I'm not familiar with the Mac, but I know there are methods that several of our Mac users will use to format the SD card. It's not an optional step when you're changing or adding sound files. It absolutely must be done.

Hopefully one of our Mac users will chime in shortly, or else you can hit up Google for detailed directions.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tpollard80 View Post
    Thank you for your response. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am actually not working with a PC Im working with a MacBook pro running a current OS. The instructions seem as though they would translate over, but I have not seen any options to format. Im sure the error lies in the operator. Is there a way to accomplish the same tasks with a mac, or do I need to borrow a PC? Thanks.
    Go to your Utilities folder and open Disk Utility. Locate the SD card in the list of disks on the left. It will most likely appear as a sub directory under a main directory. Select that main directory and then select Erase from the options in the top bar. You will get some options in a dialog. Go to the format selections and choose the correct format which you can find in the soundboard manual. If I knew it verbatim I would type it here but I don’t recall it. After that confirm the erase and your card will be reformatted.

I can provide a screen recording later tonight if that will help.

Blog Entries

Did this with an NB4 but the process is still generally the same.

This is fantastic. Thank you so much for the input. I'll update this thread and let you know how everything worked out.

Blog Entries

No problem. Good luck.

I wanted to thank you for this wonderful video. It helped me get the missing three banks to my Prism v4. I didn't have any other sound fonts so I ended up with a saber that played two light meat, two gray meat and two dark meat sound fonts, I of course assigned them all different colors, but today I purchased three sound fonts and went to go install them. I thought I remembered how to do it, but I messed something up and now I cannot get my sd card to accept the original contents that I had saved. Nothing works. Im not sure if its reformatted, all I know is I reformat it and then go to add the original contents (last working setup) and its as if the information will not write to the sd card. Did I fry my card? Is there something I'm missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Some SD cards have a little sliding tab on them. This is the write-protect tab and it will prevent writing to the SD card. The tab might be on your card reader as well.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!