Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2 Simple Builds

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatter73 View Post
    Keep in mind that alot of the complex stuff we do, we do either for ourselves or to show other people in our community, and move it forward.
    A "simple" build to our eyes, is pure magic to those kids. It's giving them the same feelings we had and still have. The gee-whiz of imagination and possibilities.
    Heck, your builds inspire me. Think of those faces when they turn them on for the first time.
    So I applaud your simple sabers, for many reasons... they look great!
    Darkmatter73
    Thanks for the kind words bud.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Great work, really cool switches.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    Great work, really cool switches.
    Thanks!

Awesome as usual.... 2 questions. The white switch "holders". Those from the store, or did you 3D print them yourself? And secondly... what's the translucent yellow tape over the soundboard?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avidgrant View Post
    Awesome as usual.... 2 questions. The white switch "holders". Those from the store, or did you 3D print them yourself? And secondly... what's the translucent yellow tape over the soundboard?
    Thanks! The switch holders were printed. That is Kapton tape. I used it to hold the Pex to the board and also provide just a tad more insulation. I do also have a plastic sleeve over the chassis/boards.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    5/16 brass rod turned down on the lathe. The part that sticks out of the hilt is 0.2" OD and the step that prevents them from slipping out of the hilt is 0.25" OD. The hole in the hilt is 0.201". They are not attached to the switches at all, they just sit on top of them.

Hope that helps!
    Thank you for the in-depth info, chasm! This is very helpful and encourages me to consider a "simple" momentary switch.

I LOVE those switches. I had the idea a while back of using short flathead screws with the threads sanded down as switchcaps, but yours look amazing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovetadraw View Post
    I LOVE those switches. I had the idea a while back of using short flathead screws with the threads sanded down as switchcaps, but yours look amazing.
    Thanks!

Way back... Before the dark times. Before photobucket got cheeky. I had a tutorial with pics on a similar execution here in the general hilt building forum.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovetadraw View Post
    Updated the post with the pics http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...t=walk-through

Simple but still awesome. Nice work dude.