Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's MHS Saber Project (MR sound w/ III red)

Default Jay-gon Jinn's FIRST MHS Saber Project (MR sound w/ III red)

I finally ordered some MHS parts! Here's what I got:

I didn't order a hilt section as I'm using the chrome tube from an old hardware saber that was actually my first hand-made saber.

I think you can get the idea of where I'm going with this....

I soldered up all the wiring, and tested it:

It works, so I must have gotten it right. Must be all the reading I've been doing in here lately actually rubbed off on me.

I pre-assembled the ribbed extension and the blade holder, and tested again:

Using the 3/4" blade adapter I have, I tried it out with my fiber optic blade:

Not too bad, I guess, but then I used the 3/4" blade that has Corbin's film in it:

Much better. I'm using the 10 degree optics in these pics.

I took the electronics out and went over to the drill press and drilled for the set screw. I then tapped it by hand for 10-32 threads.

Next, I drilled the chrome tube and the ribbed extension for the attachment screws. I did four balance out the look of the saber.

For just eye-balling them, I think they didn't turn out too bad.

*EDIT: I dont really recommend doing it this way...use an MHS Sinktube adaptor instead....it's MUCH easier! -JGJ.

I then drilled the switch hole....I used a 3/8" drill bit in the drill press for this.

I then did the Final Assembly!

It's not entirely finished, but it is pretty close. I still need the blade thumbscrew, and some grips. Oh, and a blade. I also need to find a way to get the battery pack to stop rattling around in there. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 01-26-2009 at 07:00 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Ryma Mara

kool

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn
    I also need to find a way to get the battery pack to stop rattling around in there. Any ideas?

I used the bubble wrap that Tim packed some of the parts in.

You could also use a lot of hot-glue and make a "Bracket" for it. I'd make one for each side, front and back.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

maybe some foam ? looks pretty cool though

BLUE 3- Ready

Thanks guys! I'll give the bubble wrap a try first, Firebird, if that doesn't work out, I'll try the hot glue approach.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

A little bubble wrap worked like a charm! No more rattle! In case anyone was wondering, the pommel-end of this just has the chrome cap on it, you can't see it in any of the pics I have so far.

Ryma Mara

When I did my friends hilt I took the bubble wrap from the leds and used that. not only thing I used that around the resistor and such Just incase.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

or you can use the memory foam stuff.
    it seems like ya already figured it out.

Great Work Man
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Looks fantastic.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Glad I could help! Keep the pics coming.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...