Thread: Need some help looking for a type of switch.

Default Need some help looking for a type of switch.

I am trying to locate a latching rotating switch. A simple, turn one way it's on and turn back it's off. Anybody heard of something like that? Or where I can find it?

It might be easier to rig up a miniature slide switch like you might find on a toy with a disk cover that pushes the slider based on how you turn it.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

A quick google search for "latching rotary switch" turns up a few options.

ebay is where I got mine. It's for a an RV light that runs off of 12v It's small enough to fit in a saber. On Google, search lamp switches rotary

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    A quick google search for "latching rotary switch" turns up a few options.
    The problem is with most rotary switches. You rotate the switch the same direction to turn it off or on. I am looking for something that's bi directional. I want to switch between single fire and full auto on a prop I have using a selector arm..

Sounds like a fire selector for something like an AR your best bet for something that functions in that way may be to rig a selector on the outside that closes one of two small limit switches inside the prop depending upon which way it is oriented
    BEING DARK DOSEN'T MAKE YOU EVIL JUST... MISUNDERSTOOD

Quote Originally Posted by darkjedimaster07 View Post
    Sounds like a fire selector for something like an AR your best bet for something that functions in that way may be to rig a selector on the outside that closes one of two small limit switches inside the prop depending upon which way it is oriented
    That's what I am going for.. I am using a Blaster Core V5.0 The way the Auto/Single fire works is either off or on.. (It does work with a simple latching switch). So It doesn't use two separate switches. This is for a fallout style plasma rifle so I am trying to stick with "analog" style switches..