Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RICE with non-traditional connector

I think my USB plug was bad. Trying another one this weekend. Got the LED string program figured out too, made my own pattern! Ha. I am enjoying that immensely!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

The plecter labs website has some clues for figuring this out.

Shtok has a KAM saber that he hooked up to a bluetooth breakout board, and is using that as a wireless serial interface.

I will eventually build a wireless interface for one, but these I'll keep simple for now. I don't want to go too nuts here. RICE is new to me, I just want to get it working and figure it out. Once I'm familiar with it, I'll find innovative ways to make it more useful to me. Its amazing what these Prizm sabers are doing. I love em, and I'm going to part with em. Got me a Prizm for a LED Strip build next. I'm psyched!

Tom

The RICE cable should show as a port regardless of if the saber is connected.

My cables I was trying to adapt were not the right type of USB cable. I have the proper cables on order. I know my connections on the prism and battery were good. Its the cable. I have the Prism version of RICE. The problem was the cable. Proper cable on order, and I should have my micro JSTs in tomorrow, and when the new cable gets here, I'll be a master of RICE! Ha.

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

While toying with the USB and wires for mine I discovered that the two wire pads on the USB were reversed to what my CFv8 was but it was an easy fix, I had two choices of which the easiest was to flip the wires on the USB pad pins.
    Sean

SciFiHero.net Member; SG Operations Home of SG-Socom Member

I don't think all USB cables are serial 2102 compatible. They have to have that chip in them. CP2102 USB. I'm going to keep trying. I understand that there are only two wires that are for coms..txd and rxd. then you have to wire ground, which I have. I have tried switching my txd and rxd wires and plugging usb in, and still nothing. From what I'm reading, it has to do with the fact that I need a CP2102 USB plug. I'm not sure that is what I'm using. I've been using spare USB plugs and cords from old cell phones and such I had lying around the house in a bin.

Cell phone USB cables don't have that adapter chip in them.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Yes, I believe that was my issue.