Thread: E-11 Blaster by e57

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default E-11 Blaster by e57

...again, proving that I am incapable of creating without using at least SOME MHS and/or lightsaber parts from TCSS. What can I say, if it work - it works!

S&T airsoft
    BC V4.0 with screen
    LEDEngin RGBA (Red and White for main and alternate flashes) in a v4 LED optic module screwed to the breach
    TCSS 2x 14500 pack
    2x 2watt high bass speakers
    2.1mm rp

It was a surprisingly straight-forward build, not going to say "simple", still challenging, but everything fit very nicely in their assigned locations. The BC, screen, and bargraph are in the ammo counter, the battery pack is in the grip, recharge port and first speaker are in the scope, and the main LED and second speaker are in the main body. ... Not a bad project if you want to spend the cashish for an airsoft and BC.

I also made it sound like a pulse rifle from Aliens. For those who have asked, please feel free to share!

Quick Demos:
    E-11 Blaster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW5-jWKwF5U
    Aliens Sound Font: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ6H96ZZ_Bg

Full Talky:

Awesome!!!!! BC Screen? Can you elaborate a bit, perhaps more of a breakdown about where you put what? Which board did you use, where exactly is the LED module. Did you use a blue LED for stun function? Where did you get the screen/counters from. Was wiring them straightforward, does what they do run off your sound board? Did you use Blaster Core by Plecter? I'm currently building a TK, and this is what is on my agenda this winter. More info!!!!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

OMG that is awesome! Just watched the video. Totally awesome job on that!

OMG, that is so cool. Never even looked at the BlasterCore, but adding the screen and ammo counter totally opened my eyes about what can be done and makes me want to build one now. Damn you!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Hi guys, thanks for the compliments! Tom, hopefully a lot of your questions were answered by the videos and post, but on a macro scale... the screen was a plecter add-on option with blaster cores 2-4, version 5 currently doesn't support the mini screen. The BC provides all the screen data, graphics code, and screen options for the mini screen which would come pre-wired to the sound board. The various screens and counter are standard for the BC screen. I got this one in a trade. Erv actually had a couple blasters on his YT channel with the screen as well, including both an E-11 and M-41A... so really, this one is old news.

The LED module is an MHS v4 screwed to the front to the airsoft gun's breach; the fiber-optic barrel is epoxied directly to the collimator, which is held in place by the led module. I didn't have to deviate from the users manual for the wiring, and the airsoft sterling offered plenty of room for everything... I didn't capture any pictures of the wiring because it went so fast, that part was probably the easiest. The only modifications that I had to make was a hole in the side of the gun's body to run wires, from the scope and main body, into the hengstler counter box.

The blaster core really is a super under-rated sound board. I hope I answered your questions, but if not, please be as specific as you want and I'll try to answer.

Well, since you're the maker of the "meats" soundfonts, I reckon Erv might owe you some favors and trades! Ha. Just made that connection today as I was optimizing some configuration files.

I read the 5.0 manual, and I thought it did support a monitor. I guess I need to buy the airsoft, gut it, and see what I have to work with. I assume it will be similar to saber building and wiring. I'm pretty good with tight spaces, micro tactile switches, etc. I need to watch your video again, but I absolutely love how this turned out, and I really dig the Aliens Font. Did you get that off Saberfont.com or did you make that one? Awesome. Where did you get the fiber optic barrel to epoxy to the collimator? I guess the hard part is tearing the airsoft apart. I like how you retained the bolt charging action, and the trigger pull. Awesome work, this is precisely what I envision building. I can't find a 5.0 manual, not even on Erv's site. I guess I read that in the 4.0 manual. That is too bad, I wanted that functionality/gadgetry on my E11. Darnit.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Tilmon; 10-02-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Correct, the 5.0 isn't available yet. You can use the 4 manual... the screen, of course, doesn't apply, but the rest still applies. The 5 supports more sounds, but if you can follow the manual enough to make a working blaster, then you should be able to figure out the new features. The S&T comes with an exploded diagram, just have a good look, before you start unscrewing, so you know what to keep track of, and what parts could possibly fall out when you open the gearbox. The safety and full auto are mechanically moving parts so they're easy to use and modify for this purpose. I used the existing contacts for the main trigger and the internal structure is mostly hollow for running wires. The magazine was super easy, I just used the switch20 where the magazine fed into the breach and some 6mm rod in the mag's feed hole.

I made the pulse rifle sounds from regular gun sounds. The 12mm fiber optic came from ebay.

Great work as always J!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Amazing wpork. the detail is clean and neat. looks like an operating storm-trooper weapon. Great job!

I had no idea the blaster core had an LCD screen support.

This is an epic build!