Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ANH, ESB, TFA Grafex Project

Quote Originally Posted by Whosle View Post
    Nice work.

I am trying to figure out how to wire a neopixel chamber up as well. I am hoping to have a multi-LED type adaptable saber, but I can't wrap my head around having a neopixel chamber and a tricree(in adaptor) in one saber...

It'll take some thinking.
    Are you using a Plecter board?
    You can try going the way I did on my first saber: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...tchbuild/page4
    Or.. You can use an ATtiny85 (or similar) chip to drive the chamber based on signals from your board to trigger effects on your pixel.

Why can't you just cut off a single neopixel or two and wire them up before the adapter, consider them as part of the blade? Well, I like the chamber to do what the blade is doing, but I know no everyone is into that. That is what I'm going to try and do with it. I hope it works, it'll certainly save some room.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

For my initial neopixel, yes Prizm in my graflex. I am on Profezzoron's waiting list for 2 Teensy boards. I listened to you. Trust me, your Anakin saber is heavily on my mind. I already have the Arduino/Teensy programs on my computer trying to figure out the command strings for the different blade effects. If I can figure out the programming for an unstable Kylo blade, that will put me in a very good position over at the SLD to get all the Kylos to stop gooping up their lightsaber blades with crap that dims them. I have not, nor will I ever goop up my blades for Kylo. I don't like it. I'd rather figure out how to make neopixels paint unstability via programming. That is my current challenge, along with all the sabers on my bench right now. I've gone completely mad!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    Are you using a Plecter board?
    You can try going the way I did on my first saber: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...tchbuild/page4
    Or.. You can use an ATtiny85 (or similar) chip to drive the chamber based on signals from your board to trigger effects on your pixel.
    Im planning on doing an arduino with neopixel chamber. I considered your build idea of having another external chip to encode for the chamber neopixel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Why can't you just cut off a single neopixel or two and wire them up before the adapter, consider them as part of the blade? Well, I like the chamber to do what the blade is doing, but I know no everyone is into that. That is what I'm going to try and do with it. I hope it works, it'll certainly save some room.
    If you are doing a pixel drivel blade then there's no reason you can't make the accents in series with or parallel to the blade signal.

I will be starting work on my prizm board. so I might be buggin you

Prism is cake.