Thread: Maglite conversion

Default Maglite conversion

Has anyone done a Maglite into a saber conversion? I have a few of them laying around. I have a 5 D cell sitting in a closet.

I haven't done them, but the store has an entire section of parts to help with it.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I have seen that section. That is why I had questions. I just haven't seen any done yet.

I'm starting a C maglite and D maglite build with my daughter. Waiting for some more parts.

So far I noticed that C cell maglites dont have a button anymore. The bladeholder and the pommel converter both don't quite seem to fit in the 2c led maglite. The bladeholder is a complete whiff, the pommel seems like it might work with some grease. I picked up a 3c maglite today to see if that's any different. Without removing it from the package, it doesn't look like it will work at all. It seems to be same size as the 2c.

Also, I ordered the 1" blades and the maglite blade holder, but the blades don't seem to fit either, but it was a quick try and haven't looked through the forums to see if there's some trick to it.

I'm going to hijack your thread and keep notes for maybe a walkthrough since I can't seem to find one, or a video, if I'm successful I'll have my daughter do the build video Unless you object?

Happy Holidays!