Thread: green thumb switch question

Default green thumb switch question

Hello All and Greetings.
    i'm making a scrapyard saber for a child. Hilt will be 6061 1.25 od 1.0 ID. NBV4 cree tri BBW, pomel and speaker holder from plastic t8 tube guard end. In the past i've used the TCSS guarded Mom switch but now experiencing clearance issue with the 1" ID. Any ideas on another momentary switch that will solve my clearance issue? Thanks.
    Hard work never hurt....but why take a chance.

I'd go with one of these : http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/12...itch-P917.aspx actually costs less than the guarded style and look much better. They are also shorter and should fit.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    I'd go with one of these : http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/12...itch-P917.aspx actually costs less than the guarded style and look much better. They are also shorter and should fit.
    thanks very much

TCSS also sells bezels that raise the switch up about 2-3mm higher giving you more room inside the hilt. They are on the same page as the 12mm switches. Or mount the switch on a switch cover....

went with the av switch , thanks
    and i thought my clearance problems were with the switch....hmmm.
    When I tried to "piggyback" the NB V4 to the battery holder it was clearly a no go.
    So I used 2 types of 6061.1 1/4" OD. One of the .125 wall for the blade BBW led, optics and heat sink. The .062 wall for the rest. Epoxy is amazing stuff.
    the hilt is 6 and 7/8" in length. The blade 20"
    I used double sided tape to attach the 28mm speaker to the battery box and a T8 tube end guard to hold the speaker grill.
    I'm pleased with the results. Only have some finishing touches to do...blade retention screws some thin rubber strips on the grip.
    I'm sure the youngster i'm making this for will love it. It will be a Xmas gift. i can play with it till then.
    best regards
    DonP
    IMG_20171019_235239 (1).jpgIMG_20171019_235239 (1).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by donpauleyboy; 10-19-2017 at 10:08 PM.