Thread: CF8 RGB LED without CE - Wiring Issue

Default CF8 RGB LED without CE - Wiring Issue

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a few months and decided to take the plunge and build a Graflex lightsaber for myself.

I have read through the CF8 manual more times that I can count and watched a ton of YouTube videos.

Now that I have it all wired, I have run into 2 issues:

1.Main RGB LED is only red. The Blue & Green are not working. I have a TRI-CREE RGB led. I connected the saber successfully to RICE but when I attempt to change the saber color the red only get brighter or dimmer.

2. Accent LED is only red as well. Again I attempted to change the color and only get red.

Below is my wiring diagram.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kurt

CF 8 Wiring Diagram RDG LED.jpg

I think I see your problem...you have the grounds and postives for your green and blue dies reversed. The PEx pads on the bottom of the boards are the led grounds, not the positives. Look at the diagram on page 41 of the manual. Swap them around at the led and it should work.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jay-gon - thank you so much for catching that. I can't believe I missed it. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I'll post some pics when I'm done!
    Kurt

New Graflex Builder