Thread: NBv4 No activation

Default NBv4 No activation

So I finished my first saber awhile back that used a Nano Biscotte v3 and it worked great. Well I am working on two more sabers and picked up the v4. I put everything together like I normally had but in this case...nothing. no sound, no light, nothing. I am suspicious that I may have hit one of the components on the chip with my iron but I double checked the new schematics for the v4 from plector labs and it is showing that the resistors should be threaded to the negatives of the LED's instead of the positives like they did in the v3. Is this a problem or am I reading this right? I was under the assumbtion the resistors would be wired to the positives of the LED's. Please let me know which is correct and if this would be causing my malfunction or not. Thank you.

I don't know if that is the issue. When I wired my NBIV, positive line from LED to + pad. Negative from each LED when to L pad and FOC Pad. My resistors were in my negative legs. This was how I was used to wiring for NEC, so it was natural on the NBIV for me to think this way. Apparently this was a change in how NBIV was set up from NBIII. I would wire it as the manual states.

My battery positive and positive LED feeds to to +.
    My battery negative and switch wire to to -.
    I'm running a b,b,w tri cree. My blue negatives were doubled after I resistored them and attached to L pad.
    The white LED negative to FOC pad.
    Speaker wires to speaker pad.

I hope you get it fixed! I loved my first NBIV install, and the board works fantastic. Such a cool little board.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

ha- i had this same q- i asked Erv himself- either side is fine- as per Erv!

Quote Originally Posted by Avidgrant View Post
    ha- i had this same q- i asked Erv himself- either side is fine- as per Erv!
    @Avidgrant. Oh so it doesnt matter if it is on the led line to the positive pad or the led lines to the negative and FoC pads?

thats accurate- here is the q i asked Erv-
    "One Q for you- i don't know if its been asked/answered here or elsewhere. But i figured i would go to the source. On the NB3 your diagrams (in the manual) show the resistors going to high powered Leds on the Positive side. On the NB4 the diagrams show the resistors on the neg side. Are these merely choices- are they truly interchangeable- or should resistors on the V3 card designed specifically to be on the + side and on V4 on the - side? I am making a couple sabers and asking so i can make the led modules (with quick connecters) interchangeable - even between boards- IF its merely a choice- and not imperative to follow the diagrams in the particular manuals. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated."

Erv's RESPONSE-
    "resistors can be placed anywhere (up side or down side of the led) and they aren't polarized. It changed only to accommodate a diagram that would fit on the page and avoid too many wires crossing each other."