Thread: My first saber build

Default My first saber build

Very excited to be building a saber. I have been pineing over a few different sites and even bought a empty hilt from another place, then I was directed to TCSS! AND the MHS Saber builder!!!! I went ahead and bought the parts to make the hilt I liked.
    For weeks now I have been playing around with different LEDs looking for the blade look I was after and this is the hilt and blade I ended up with!
    I'll be adding sound and possibly some color later on, but for right now I am happy with what I got!2017-09-16 17.42.27.jpg2017-09-16 17.42.48.jpg

nice- welcome- whatcha got in that thing?

Congrats. And so it begins

Quote Originally Posted by Avidgrant View Post
    nice- welcome- whatcha got in that thing?
    So far just a Tri Cree LED if you look close in the "lights on picture" you can see the power wires going to my power supply. Thinking I am going to go simple with the first one and get a pico crumble when they have them in stock again. The LEDs are cheap enough where I get them that I am not worried about swapping them out later to add a flash on clash feature, Right now I just wanted a bright robust red and blue (not pictured) and with these hilts its super easy to swap out LEDs rather than worrying about a board that can change colors for me.

I literally spent months looking at three other sites debating if I was going to get a saber and then I ordered a cheap hilt from one and sent them a email asking about parts for it, the person I spoke 2 mentioned TCSS and I have been just blown away with the site and the videos that it pretty much made the decision for me that this is where I was going to build my saber!
    Last edited by HardDrive; 09-18-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Welcome HardDrive! Nice beginning. I began by converting Hasbro BS Kylo Ren lightsabers for 501. Then built a custom MHS RGB saber (w crystal chamber). Then Graflex, then a couple stunts, and now an MPP. Oh, and I've re-built both my Kylos twice. One is getting ready to get a 3rd install with neopixel. That is after I build 3 graflex to finance that venture! Its a mess. Welcome to the jungle.

TOm

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Thanks Tom, A Crystal chamber is something I am researching as well that I may "reconfigure" this saber for in the future. I am also going to do a couple small mag light conversions to use as wall lamps I bought one mag light blade holder already to get a idea of what i need to do. Dont like the idea of using the weak mag light LED so going to drill out the inside LED chamber to hold a standard 1"OD LED module. should turn out alright.

It was mentioned in jest about the size of my hilt, so I thought others would probably think the same thing. I have always liked 2 handed swords so it just made sense to me to make a 2 handed saber. And as you can see it fits my "gorilla" hands

2017-09-20 11.34.03.jpg