Thread: graflex build

Default graflex build

Hi folks i got myself a korbanth graflex v2 and i wanted to see if any one can help guide me to what i need to build my saber. i did buy the conversion piece from TCSS. i need to know which button, what board i can use? can i use a CF8? or is it nano only, what chassis can i use? can i use recharge port? is there any info out there online to see what i need for this build?

thanks all in advance
    K

Hey Keivan, I'm currently building 3, and I have one on display here as I type.

1. .875 LED module/heat sink TCSS
    2. LED (Tri-Cree XPE-2) TCSS (with modified base, so it fits in .875 module)
    3. 28 gauge wire, they have that here at TCSS too.
    4. some chassis system, either scratch built from TCSS disks, or 3D Printed. or MHS V6 Speaker Holder with 18650 battery holder.
    5. 18650 battery (unless you choose to go with a Crystal Focus)
    6. Recharge port, unless you opt for a replaceable battery solution.
    7. Speaker (I like the Veco Bass Speakers a lot)
    8. Sound Board...more on this below
    9. Resistors

As to the soundboard. A great beginners board that is small and wires up pretty easily is the Nano Biscotte IV. It works awesome, I love it. The only bad part about the NBIV is that it doesn't do lockup or blaster blocks. You get activation, hum, swings, clashes, and retraction. You can put 3 sound fonts on it, or use the 3 it comes with (Light, Gray, and Dark Meat). I would advise NBIV. The Graflex 2.0 is tight for other battery solutions, and if you went with CF-8, you'd have to modify the board (hack it) to use a single 18650. You could also use a prism 5.1 if you wanted more features.

The kit comes with switches to wire the red button for activation. I am PM you about that. It also depends on what version you are building: ANH, ESB, TFA? That will enable us to help you along. Lots of options on the Graflex. If you use a board other than NBIV with auxiliary options, you will need to plan for an aux. switch(either at slide switch location or in the clamp card).

PS: Watch this whole series:

Have fun, go slow, be patient. My published graflex build: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...-(Main)-RGB-CC

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Tilmon; 09-18-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: add my graflex link

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Thank you so much Tom greatly appreciated these videos are so in depth that really helps

best
    K

i started watching those Tom- pretty awesome!

I'm currently building 3. ANH, ESB, and TFA!!! Hands are full!!

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."