Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prizm 5.1 and Ledstrip problem

Default Prizm 5.1 and Ledstrip problem

Racking my brain over this, any help appreciated.

I have two WS2812B led strips wired up to the prizm 5.1. Prizm board fires up and everything else functions as normal but the led blade does not light at all. It does the initial, quick flash, when the board comes out of sleep mode. I've set the number of LEDs to 126 in the override config. I also have a 390ohm, 1/4w resistor on the data line, right next to the led strip. The strips are also facing the correct direction as indicated by the arrows on the strips. Pos pads are wired correct and go to the bat pos on the board. Both neg are wired right and one goes to the L1 and the other goes to the L2 pad, on the board. Data line goes to the LS pad.

Double checked all my wiring and even rewired it twice, just to make sure.

The leds will fire up if I don't change the Ledstrip setting from the default 0 setting, high powered LED. Obviously this is incorrect but they are getting power.

Is there some other setting I'm missing?

If the first LED pad in the strip ever saw juice without the proper resistor, it may be fried...the little processor that interprets and passes the signal to the next Neopixel in the strip. I am reading threads where problems like this were corrected by removing that first LED completely. Cut it out, then re-wire to the new "first" led pads in the strip.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Have you set up the number for the LED frequencies also?
    KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

Did you bridge the smd pad on the board since you used an external resistor? I did the same build and this was my issue until I reread the manual for the 10th time

You said both neg are wired right, one goes to l1 and one goes to l2......... I've been studying the diagram as I'm about to build one of these myself, but..... aren't l1 and l2 bridged and then connected to the neg of both strips.....? Could this be the issue?

I'm 99% sure it's the smd issue. I had this exact problem.
    Last edited by Meatsweats; 09-17-2017 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    If the first LED pad in the strip ever saw juice without the proper resistor, it may be fried...the little processor that interprets and passes the signal to the next Neopixel in the strip. I am reading threads where problems like this were corrected by removing that first LED completely. Cut it out, then re-wire to the new "first" led pads in the strip.
    I read the same thing and tried this but still a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnageRacing View Post
    Have you set up the number for the LED frequencies also?
    Yes, I set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatsweats View Post
    Did you bridge the smd pad on the board since you used an external resistor? I did the same build and this was my issue until I reread the manual for the 10th time
    I did not, where is the smd pad? I didn't read that in the manual at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatsweats View Post
    I guess it's the yellow pad in front of the LS pad?