Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bending blade material?

Default Bending blade material?

Ok guys and gals, I need some suggestions here. I'm planning on a build where I have the need to bend a tccs trans white thin walled (or thick walled- I'm not choosey) blade into a shape. Anyone out there done this? Thoughts? Any help appreciated!

boiling water?

Haddent thought of that..... I was planning on using a pretty strong heat gun.......

I've heard you can stick PVC in boiling water to make it bendable, not sure if blade material would work exactly the same but i'd think it's more gentle than a heatgun.

PVC pipe will crimp if you try to bend it with heat. It is generally recommended to fill a pipe with hot sand, then heat the pipe, then bend it. A quick google search for bend pvc pipe should show a bunch of tutorials.

No idea if this will work with tcss blades.

HOT Sand.............hmmmmmmm ok

I don't like sand...

Just as an FYI, bent blades will not transmit light around the curve very well.

Packing sand in PVC is done to provide internal support during the bending process. It *might* work with polycarbonate blades, but it's liable to leave visible marks from the sand on the interior of the blade.

I don't recall offhand anyone posting results of this kind of work. You're just going to have to experiment, and possibly ruin a few blade in the process. Post results in either case, as it helps the hobby grow.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Will do! I figured as much..... commence blade destruction process.......

Just have to keep the sand under 3090 degrees lest it turn to glass......